22/05/2009

Lampshade ideas


Help ..!needed girls I,m at a loss i,m searching for two table lamp shades biggish as the base is a good two feet tall , something like Cath Kidston used to do in flowery or gingham check i have googled it and so far have come up with plain ones at a shocking price and not my cuppa tea anyway ....I went to the Biggie Best site but i had to be trade to find out prices there's used to be fab... but for sure high in price , Ikea had some plain ones but not available to buy on line in plain red ...My nearest Ikea is in Bristol which is almost 3 hours from me in Cornwall .....living where i do is perfect ..... my nearest big shops is Plymouth and that's 35 miles away and rarely go these days so online is perfect for me ..
I have had a string of thrifted lampshades over the years but i feel these lamps that i have done a makeover on... deserve a new one ... could get excited and cover one ..i don't know how.. but could have a bash ,if i don't find what i want cant be that hard can it ?
I shall continue my search ....

Good Times x x

.

My photo
Cornwall, Select..., United Kingdom
I am a God following Cornish girl still living in this lovely County!... I am fortunate to live in a sleepy backwater in North Cornwall.. I am part of a very creative family of five girls i,m number four! Married and blessed with two sons and a daughter a Granddaughter and a Great Grandson...! I Love being a housewife and a Mum.. and all that goes with it ! from jam making to washing the floors .! I love to knit and crochet with bright colours..! Colour is for me is food for the soul ... my style is shabby country meets Cath K !! i have many hobbies i like painting furniture and generally giving new life to things that have been pre owned and rummaging around junk shops but more importantly i like my home to be a safe cosy comfy retreat..for all that come .....