26/01/2010

Christmas...


  Round up of ..Christmas . I.hadn't realized that it was so long since i last wrote a post  ..where does the time go ? !  One of a whole flock of crochet birdies..i also did several robins which sold in a local .posh shop !! tutorial from Lucy  at Attic24 ....See the crochet christmas  tree garland  .?     tutorial from ..Royal Sisters  blog i was really pleased with it ... also another  homespun check garland i made last year using   a  long jute platt  ,and fabric strips cut to size and tied in   takes quite a lot of fabric  but well worth it ,   i had several around the house  i.m thinking that in the  .. old colonial days  ladies would have cut up old worn out  clothes .. tail ends of shirts ..and made these sitting on a veranda in a rocking chair is how i imagine ... nothing went to waste and to be honest i was brought up that way so ..make do and mend was a way of life for me and my Mum taught us well i am the fourth of five girls so hand me downs from sisters and cousins was the norm ...we did have one new dress twice a year.. winter for christmas and summer for Sunday school anniversary celebration's

The top garland also on a jute platt  i have used  bells candy canes homespun ribbon wooden bobbins and anything you fancy .. i plan to do some Easter themed ones for the ..posh ..shop !
 I can do a tutorial  for the garland if anyone wants it  and can be adapted to suit any season of the year or just a nice.. Shabby Chic.. item for your home  . using scraps of leftover fabric
 ...
 My Christmas cake was part of an idea from  Kirsties Home Made Christmas......i wanted to do red and green spots .. ..and a green tree but dying fondant icing green with food colouring was just too pale, so the pink theme evolved instead....a bit of a rush on Christmas eve..!  Alan delivered it to my in laws  at the family farm near Bude on Christmas morning !!!

Good Times  xx

.

My photo
Cornwall, Select..., United Kingdom
I am a God following Cornish girl still living in this lovely County!... I am fortunate to live in a sleepy backwater in North Cornwall.. I am part of a very creative family of five girls i,m number four! Married and blessed with two sons and a daughter a Granddaughter and a Great Grandson...! I Love being a housewife and a Mum.. and all that goes with it ! from jam making to washing the floors .! I love to knit and crochet with bright colours..! Colour is for me is food for the soul ... my style is shabby country meets Cath K !! i have many hobbies i like painting furniture and generally giving new life to things that have been pre owned and rummaging around junk shops but more importantly i like my home to be a safe cosy comfy retreat..for all that come .....