19/05/2009

Tavistock...day out


Last Saturday we went to Tavistock to collect my new glasses ....i lost my beloved green ones in the garden and found them days later with the arm hanging off...i was long overdue for a test so chose some new ones ..one pair is tortoiseshell and the other is a soft red colour buy one pair get one free in Spec savers i,m really pleased with them
Of course i had a recky in the Charity's and found some nice bits of fabric that i plan to make cushion covers with ...no luck with cushions pads in Tavistock for the newest crochet covers but found some on the Internet 22" round £11 each in duck down they came today so have sewn them in ,..and they look a treat really fat and soft.
Its such a shame that the local shops have closed and i couldn't get cushion pads within maybe 35 miles and no guarantee that i would get them in Plymouth ...my nearest city i always like to buy local but no choice on this purchase
Rain has stopped play in the garden the weather has been wild and torrential rain here for about well almost 3 weeks so no paint job on my old trunk .. as i paint outside i,m itching to do it as its going in my bedroom
We did our grocery shop in Morrisons on the way home and couldnt believe my eyes what a treat this enamel breadbin and cannisters for £14.99.... somehow fell into the trolly...!! of course i had a breadbin but i keep potatoes in it now ! just the job ....

Good Times x

.

My photo
Cornwall, Select..., United Kingdom
I am a God following Cornish girl still living in this lovely County!... I am fortunate to live in a sleepy backwater in North Cornwall.. I am part of a very creative family of five girls i,m number four! Married and blessed with two sons and a daughter a Granddaughter and a Great Grandson...! I Love being a housewife and a Mum.. and all that goes with it ! from jam making to washing the floors .! I love to knit and crochet with bright colours..! Colour is for me is food for the soul ... my style is shabby country meets Cath K !! i have many hobbies i like painting furniture and generally giving new life to things that have been pre owned and rummaging around junk shops but more importantly i like my home to be a safe cosy comfy retreat..for all that come .....